2008年6月19日星期四

My QT on Demas By Kalmen , JB chruch


It has never strike to me who is Demas , but when I studied this devotion for my QT , I basically feel very challenge and alarm to both my own life and also seeing the disciples around me how from the start we have faith and enthusiasms to serve.
The Tragedy of Renounced Service (MORRISON'S DEVOTION SERIES)Demas...my fellowlabourer- Phm_1:24.Demas- Col_4:14Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world- 2Ti_4:10
just like Demas ,seeing if the order of the Epistle is correct then with the above verse that show that how Demas from the view of Paul ,begin with refer to as a fellow labourer/worker and like partner in Christ to later bacause of the love of the world to go back to his old life to the world...
In my personal life, as a leader and as a disciple when things getting even more challenge , my heart properly think , it is a real world , want to change the world is not so easy , have to be realistic and in the name of being practical in life , I started to compromise my service so that I can have more time with work and fulfill my so call "hunger" , which in fact is the "hunger of the worldly desire" ,when that willingness to serve God slowly disappears there it comes to the losing of faith and the grow of fear ...
Our start to lose faith when we start to lose the willing spirit to serve ...
No man can cease to serve without good reason and yet maintain unimpaired the older loyalties. When the spirit of willing service goes, all the enthusiasms begin to die. Prayer is stinted, criticism enters, churchgoing becomes very intermittent, and slowly the whole character is changed. Paul, with his fine delicacy, does not hint at this. He does not exclude Demas from the greetings. But he is perfectly conscious of the change and of the possibilities involved in it. Once (and he wrote it with a grateful heart) it was Demas, my fellow-worker. Now it is simply Demas.
Demas Apostasy Began with His Cessation of Service and finally he ended up going back to his old life...Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world- 2Ti_4:10 , that is the disappointment of Paul , when he mentioned Demas in 2Ti 4:10 .When I studied this , it challenged me to rethink about my commitment and service in a much more deeper lever as I lead and live as a disciple today . It help me to be careful with my life and challenge and remind me of living in the edge , continue to serve God in spite of much challenges to come and when I share this to you , my brothers and sisters , hope that help you too. ( Photo by Yan Mei)

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

<< 主页